Thursday, July 28, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

"Millennials may be the most tech-savvy generation yet, spending more time surfing the Web and on social media than they do watching television, listening to radio, or reading newspapers, but they still use and value traditional media. Gen Yers expect brands to be on social media. Two-thirds say a brand being on social media shows it cares about their generation, and fifty-six percent think social media sites are a great way to find out what's new with brands they like. That may be why sixty-four percent have liked a brand on Facebook and follow an average of ten brands or companies.31 Younger Millennials who shop online for apparel rely mainly on price. They also look for positive brand reviews. They typically visit their primary apparel web site forty-two times a year and make seven purchases a year,"(MKTG, 9th Edition) Personally, I believe most of this definition doesn't describe me. While I am tech savvy, I don't spend all my time on social media, nor do I believe I can connect to brands via social media. I personally enjoy hearing about products from people via word of mouth. I like going into stores and discovering at my own leisure. However, I do look for price a lot, and I also value other peoples opinions when making a decision on what products to buy. As a fashion major, I like to create my own look, instead of making purchases from a different brand. I like to make my own personal style, something that cant be described, or taken from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment