Thursday, July 14, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

I am a fashion designer, what does that mean? That I make pretty dresses? Well, yes, but it is a lot more then that. It is a passion, a lifestyle. Once you truly get into fashion you can never truly get out of it. I got into fashion when I was ten. I picked up a crayon and drew a dress, and ever since I have never stopped. As time progressed so did my skills. I learned about different textiles and fabric types. About patterns and color theory. About body shape and how clothing can changes people mood, and outlook on life. I began to see the world as one giant sketchbook, as an outlet which I can pull inspiration, color, and forms from. As I grew I quickly realized that I was able to express myself via my designs. I am able to convey complex emotions and form. I am able to change the way people look and are perceived by the world.  This quickly became a passion, almost obsession, for me. The father I fell into fashion, the more I loved it. In the future I plan to own my own haute couture company, where I am able to make one of a kind designs that are not only innovative, but move the fashion industry forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment