Thursday, July 14, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

What makes good customer service/satisfaction? Well according to the textbook MKTG, 9th Edition, good customer service/satisfaction is "The customers' evaluation of a good or service in terms of whether that good or service has met their needs and expectations is called customer satisfaction."(MKTG, 9th Edition pg 8) Which seems simple enough. However this is sadly not the case most of the time. Fortunately though, there are rare occasions when stores give phenomenal customer service. For example, I was once in Forever 21 looking for a particular top. I approached a sales associate who was immediately helpful and looked it up for me. Unfortunately, the top had been discontinued. However, my experience didn't end there. The sales associate then proceeded to help me find a top that was in an incredibly similar stylealong with and entire outfit to go with it. The outfit included accessories, shoe, shorts, and even some makeup. She was extremely knowable when she talked, and she was confident while assisting me with all of my needs.ass This not only left me with a verenjoyable shopping experience, but it also allowed the store to make more money. This is due to the fact that I was persuaded into buying more product then I was originally intending to, which increases the sales of the store. It is of my personal opinion that good customer service not only benefits the customer, but the store as well. It is about meeting the customer's needs above and beyond what they even knew they wanted, while simultaneously benefiting the store in a positive, proactive way. This is because even though it is "customer" service, maintaining the store always has to be a number one priority. Without the store, there would be no customers, so it is a very delicate balance to keep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment